Question your thinking, change the world
An introduction to The Work of Byron Katie
When you question your stressful thoughts, you come to see that everything that has been troubling you is just a misunderstanding. You realise that what you believe isn’t necessarily so. This is the beginning of freedom. The Work always leaves you a kinder, clearer, happier human being.
Learn a new, kind way to question the mind and find freedom from the beliefs that cause us stress, lower our self-confidence and cause conflict with others.
Whenever we experience a stressful feeling – anything from mild discomfort to intense sorrow, rage or despair – we can be certain that there is a specific thought causing our reaction, whether we are conscious of it or not.
The Work of Byron Katie is a simple, easy-to-learn, practical and powerful way of working with the mind to identify and question habitual, painful, and stressful thoughts.
The way to end our stress is to investigate the thinking that lies behind it. Anyone can do this by learning this method. In this one-day workshop you will have an opportunity to experience the freedom of undoing those thoughts through The Work, allowing your mind to return to its true, peaceful, creative nature.
What will I learn?
- A simple, powerful, lifelong tool that can transform any stressful feeling
- A practical, living meditation that’s easy to implement in daily life
- How to Identify and question negative beliefs
- How to self-facilitate and facilitate others using The Work
- A new way to bring peace and insight into your life
- The three kinds of business –mine, yours, reality’s – and how to stay in your own business
Life is simple. Everything happens for you, not to you. Everything happens at exactly the right moment, neither too soon nor too late. You don’t have to like it… it’s just easier if you do.
How will I benefit?
- Dramatically improve relationships – especially with yourself
- Reduce stress
- Get clear on the true cause of any stress or suffering you experience – and on how to deal with it
- Understand how to open new perspectives on problems, so you can become more effective in work and daily life
- Discover how to accept yourself, others and reality fully
- Experience the peace that comes from investigating the mind
- Notice when you’re in someone else’s business and come back to yourself and presence
- Turn everything you thought you knew about yourself, others, and the world inside out in the most surprising and gentle way.
- Become the teacher you have been looking for
Who is this workshop for?
- This workshop is for you if you’re interested in ending your own suffering and suffering in the world.
- It is open to everyone, including those experienced in and new to The Work. All you need to do The Work is an open mind.
- It is particularly suitable for you if you are working with others in a counselling or coaching capacity
Places are limited so please Register Now to ensure your place
Facilitated by Ursula Carlin, Certified Facilitator of The Work of Byron Katie.
|Who||Individuals, Coaches, Counselors, Therapists|
|Where||Marino Institute of Education, Griffith Avenue, Dublin 9|
|When||Saturday. 28th November. 10am to 5pm|